Menorrhagia is an abnormally heavy or extended menstrual bleeding, or irregular bleeding at any time. If you suffer from this disorder you should see a doctor to assess whether it is a sign of a more serious condition. Heavy bleeding (menorrhagia) either from heavy flow or prolonged bleeding can be severe enough for discomfort and in some cases limiting normal activity. Some experience heavier than normal bleeding in the premenopausal years (average menopause is 51 years). If the heavy bleeding is not caused by a more serious condition, then it can often be helped with essential oils.
Suggested Essential Oils & Products for Menorrhagia
- Solace Essential Oil Blend
- Roman Chamomile
- Clary Sage
- Women’s Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex
- Lifetlong Vitality Pack
How Use Essential Oils for Menorrhagia
- Geranium and lemon in a daily bath have been shown to be a helpful way to ease Menorrhagia.
- Apply 2 – 4 drops of Solace or Clary Sage/Cypress topically to the abdomen to help if the heavy bleeding is accompanied with cramps. Use a warm compress on abdomen after applying oils.
- Make the blend recipe below to help slow down a heavy flow.